How to Properly & Safely Sight In a Firearm on the Indoor Range
Inspect & clean the bore, especially on a new firearm!
- Save time & money by bore sighting the firearm.
- Take the initial shot(s) @ 5-7 yards!
- Adjust the point of impact by moving the rear sight or scope in the direction you want the shots to move. Be aware that 1/4” of adjustment @ 100 yards means 1/16” @ 25 yards.
- Take 2 more shots @ 5-7 yards.
- When point of impact is centered move to 10-15 yards.
- Take 2 more shots @ 10-15- yards.
- Repeat step 3
- Gradually move to the desired distance, usually 20-25 yards.
Some Points to Remember
The last thing you want is for shots to hit the overhead baffle!
A properly sighted firearm will add to your shooting enjoyment. First impressions are lasting impressions so sight your firearm in prior to partaking in a hunting or target shooting exercise.
Study a ballistic table to determine what distance you want your firearm to be sighted in for.